Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Although we strive to ensure that the patients we serve receive the best possible service and care, mistakes and misunderstandings do occur. We need to know about these in order to improve the service we provide.
As a patient, relative or carer sometimes you may need to turn to someone for on-the-spot help, advice and support. This is what PALS is for and we aim to:
- Provide advice and support to patients, their families and carers
- Provide a free, friendly, confidential listening service
- Help sort out any problems you encounter, but also ensure the Trust learns lessons from the issues identified
- Provide information on other NHS and Social Care Services
- Act independently, liaising with relevant staff, managers and other organisations to negotiate prompt solutions
You may have suggestions for ways in which we can improve our service, if so we would be pleased to hear from you – we value your opinions!
More information can be found in our PALS leaflet. (PALS Easy Read Version is also available).
If PALS is unable to resolve your concerns informally they will advise you on the options available including how to raise a complaint via the NHS and Social Care Complaints procedure.